SP Version: Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010-SP1
Server: Windows Server 2008 R2
Problem Description: Not able to start the SharePoint Administration 2010 Service by means of services.msc console.
Issue identified by: Central Administration's Health Analyzer
- Tried starting the service by means of farm account in the services console with respect to the server where it was failing but got the error message as follows:
Windows could not start the SharePoint 2010 administration service on local computer.
- Tried start the service by means of PowerShell but got the same message as above.
Increased the default service time-out
· Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
· Locate and then select the following registry subkey:
· Right-click Control, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
· In the New Value box, type ServicesPipeTimeout, and then press Enter.
· Right-click ServicesPipeTimeout and then click Modify.
· Click decimal, type the number of milliseconds that you want to wait until the service times out, and then click OK.
For example, if you want to wait 60 seconds before the service times out, type 60000.
Exit Registry Editor and then restart the computer.
-restarted the server and issue has been resolved.
If you have any queries/questions regarding the above mentioned information then please let me know, Thank you.
Product Applies to:
SharePoint Server 2010
SharePoint Foundation 2010