13 July, 2012

There has been an error while processing the form. An error occurred accessing a data source.

Come back to share one more issue with all of you in which I have spend almost two days to do a extensive debugging to find out the root cause. This issue is based on browser enabled InfoPath form which was throwing an error while loading it. Let me confirmed you one thing that this form is not at all customized one and all components has been designed by using default functionality. Let me brief the details:
Issue: Browser enabled InfoPath form suddenly stopped working while loading and throwing the exception as mentioned below:
Error message: There has been an error while processing the form. An error occurred accessing a data source.
Click Continue to resume filling out the form. You may want to check your form data for errors. Click Start Over to load a new copy of the form.
Troubleshooting done:
The above error seems to be quite often and it hints that there is some problem with the ‘Data Source/Connection’. If the form is showing the error while loading i.e. form never loads but shows a message to ‘continue or start over’, then there is some problem with the data source which is set up to ‘Automatically retrieve data when form is opened’.
·         Downloaded the actual form to my desktop and tried republishing it to my personal site
·         Form has been successfully published but same error persists.
·         If we removed all the data connections from the library then the form loads fine without any issues
·         If we tried setting up the data connections one by one then also we are facing the same error message.
·         Tried creating the data connection by using XML method also but faced the same error message.
·         Tried creating the data connection by using web service but same problems persist.
Gathered SP logs from front ends to check for any detailed exceptions
Found this:
The following query failed: ID (User: SPDomain\amol ghuge, Form Name: Assessment, IP: , Request: https://sharepoint2007/_layouts/FormServer.aspx?XsnLocation=sharepoint2007/Forms/template.xsn&SaveLocation=sharepoint2007&Source=sharepoint2007/Forms/AllItems.aspx&DefaultItemOpen=1, Form ID: urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:infopath:Assessment:-myXSD-2010-11-22T16-18-42, Type: DataAdapterException, Exception Message: The data connection ID returned more than the currently configured maximum of 1500 KB of data, and the connection attempt was stopped.  To i...  1aab5aab-5f07-4089-a693-096a5a4697a2
07/12/2012 14:13:29.60*               w3wp.exe (0x12BC)                       0x30E0  Forms Server                     Forms Services Runtime - Data C   82fy       Warning               ...increase the amount of data that can be returned in a data query, change this setting in the InfoPath Forms Services configuration page in SharePoint Central Administration.)  1aab5aab-5f07-4089-a693-096a5a4697a2
As per the sharepoint logs, it clearly suggest that we have to make the changes in the InfoPath configuration settings which is a present in application management (Central Administration)
§  Central Administration
§  Application management
§  Configure InfoPath form services
§  Data Connection Response Size: By default is 1500 kilobytes
§  Increased this value to 1550 and then the form has been successfully loaded without any error message.
If you have any queries/questions regarding the above mentioned information then please let me know. I would be more than happy to help you as well as resolves your issues, Thank you. 

Export to spreadsheet is missing in survey list-SharePoint 2010

You can use surveys to ask people what they think about issues, how to improve your processes, and many other topics. You can collect the results by using several different types of questions, such as multiple choice, fill-in fields, and even ratings.
As we use Microsoft excel on quite regular basis and very used to with it, we need to see every application in the excel and makes every desperate effort to view it but now the issue is while exporting survey data to excel, we need that option i.e. ‘EXPORT TO SPREADSHEET’ and this seems to be missing.
How to troubleshoot this issue?
I will brief here number of steps by which you can troubleshoot the issue and let me know me know in case of any queries/questions.
·         You should have office application (Office 2010/Office 2007) should be installed on your client machine.
·         Make sure that 'SharePoint Server Enterprise Site Collection features' should be activated at the site collection level.
·         Are you logged in as site collection admin or site owner? What are your permissions on the site? Also, try opening IE in "Run as administrator" mode and see if that makes a difference.
·         Make sure that you have to check the option (i.e. export to spreadsheet) on a actual survey list and not on a web part
·         make sure that on the Survey page, the view on right-hand corner is set to "Overview"
·         On the actual survey list-make sure the proper view is selected inside the web part options: How to check this:
§  Open the survey list in which you are facing the issue
§  Edit page
§  Modify shared web part
§  Under the selected view option
§  Select 'current view' and click on apply
·         Try saving the survey list as a template and create a new one based on the same
·         try to create a access view/standard view by using the following steps:
§  Go to any list and click on create view
§  Copy that URL
§  Go back to the survey list now
§  Settings
§  List settings
§  Copy the url from the browser (i.e. List=)
§  Paste it in the create view (first step)
§  You will get the create view page
Please let me know in case of any further queries. I would be more than happy to help you as well as resolves your issues. Thank you.