One of colleague who is working in a different organization called me yesterday for SharePoint help. He told me that he was working on semantic restores and accidently restored the library pages i.e. displayform.aspx, editform.aspx, newform.aspx etc… Due to this action, he was not able to open the document library and was getting the following error message:
Cannot complete this action
Please try again.
Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation.
Correlation ID: e0998560-69eb-4e08-96fe-3411577ebd63
There are so many ways by which we can troubleshoot this issue:
1. Are we able to open the document library by means of SP site?
-open the SharePoint site
-view all site content
-Under document libraries section
-you will see that affected document library
-click on it and check the results
As per my knowledge, it has to reflect the same error message.
2. Try to map your SharePoint site by means of shared drive concept
-How to create this shared drive?
· Click Start, right-click Computer, and then click Map network drive...
· In the Map Network Drive dialog box, click Connect to a Web site that you can use to store your documents and pictures.
· In the Add Network Location wizard, click next.
· Click Choose a Custom Network Location, and then click next.
· In the Internet or Network Address box, paste in the site address you had copied to the Clipboard, and then click next.
· Enter a name for the network location.
-Once the shared drive created then you can copy all the documents which are present in you library that is not working. So it means that there will be no DATA LOSS J that’s the main thing, correct?
3. Custom lists and libraries section on your SharePoint site
-Open the SharePoint 2010 site collection on which you are working
-Under site administration
-custom list and libraries
-select the library in which we are facing the problem
-once you click on it then it will redirected to library settings page
-by which of this page, we can create a new view
-try to create a new view and your problem will be fixed.
The number of options which are explained above will definitely helps you to prevent data loss as well as do a effective troubleshooting that will fix the issue J
After all of this also, if the issue remains then I am always there to help youJ
Please let me know in case of any queries/questions. I would be more than happy to help you as well as resolves your issues J