As I am working in SharePoint support, I come across so many issues on day 2 day basis and always try to share with all of you as soon as the issue gets resolved. Today, We have received one support ticket in which the user has created a list which consist of few items. When he selects list Actions--Export to spreadsheet--Excel opens up and Displays 'Security' dialog box by giving the option of 'ENABLE' and 'DISABLE'. When user selects the Enable button then 'Import Data' dialog comes up, and then user clicks OK. As soon as the OK action performs then suddenly it throws an error message: Excel Cannot Connect to SharePoint List
Generally we start our troubleshooting from the SharePoint side as what is wrong with my SharePoint site, Is there any problem in the SharePoint list, Does the Office which is installed on the machine is causing the problem ? Is there any site collection feature turned off? Is there any problem in the SP-Database? Problem with the IIS? so things are there by which we can think off but don't waste your time in doing all these things as I have done all these things and the resolution is quite simple which you can implement without any help.
1. Open the Internet Explorer
3. Internet Options
4. Advanced Settings
5. Scroll downwards and reach towards the section named as "Security"
6. CHECK FOR SERVER CERTIFICATE REVOCATION--which is by default checked
7. Unchecked it
8. Apply and Ok
9. Close all the internet explorers (IE) and open your SharePoint site in a new IE i.e. Browser/Explorer
10. You should be able to export the spreadsheet without any problems/issues.
Please let me know in case of any further queries/questions.
I would be more than HAPPY to help you as well as RESOLVES your issues, Thanks